Kaduna State Security Council on Friday said the long hands of the law had caught up with the gangsters suspected of attacking innocent citizens with dangerous weapons, leading to culpable homicide.
Specifically, the Council which released names of 41 gangsters also said that four other persons had been pencilled down for prosecution after a prima facie case was established against them.
He said the suspects would be charged with terrorism and possession of dangerous weapons.
This was contained in a statement issued by Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s spokesman, Samuel Aruwan.
According to the statement, the suspects were arrested in different locations in Zaria and Kaduna town by security operatives.
“The gangsters who are popularly known as ‘Yan Sara-Suka’ or ‘Yan Shara’ are to be prosecuted for causing deaths and injuries.
“The Security Council also directed that the suspects be charged for illegal possession of weapons, disturbance of public peace, homicide and unlawful assembly”.
It gave the breakdown of the suspects arrested in Tudun Wada, Zaria areas to include, Salisu Abubakar, Kabiru Auwal, Isyaku Ibrahim, Salisu Musa, Shamsudeen Ahmed, Mohammed Ibrahim, and Ali Tukur.
Others arrested in Kabala Doki and Kawo areas of Kaduna include, Aliyu Auwal, Abba Yusuf, Sadiq Balarabe, Sharif Abdullahi, Mustapha Aliyu, Bashir Ibrahim, Najib Yusuf, Daddy Yusuf.
They also include Ahmed Abdurasak, Ibrahim Hassan, Abdulsalam Mohammed, Umurana Shuaibu, Mohammed Ibrahim, Hamisu Umar, Sadiq Ismail, Gadafi Yusuf, Hassan Shuaibu, Zailani Magaji, Jibril Idris.
Others are Mansur Sani, Ismail Dahiru, Mukailu Yusuf, Sani Nasiru, Aminu Sanusi,
Rabiu Musa, Umar Tanimu, Ibrahim Idris, Mohammed Abdurahaman, Mohammed Abdullahi and Shabale Adamu.
The Security Council also named three persons who will be charged and prosecuted for acts related to terrorism and possession of dangerous weapons.
It gave thier names as Haruna Usma, Badiya Garba, Saleem Shuaibu, and Ashiru Abdullahi.