Published On: Thu, Jan 5th, 2017

Military won’t release information on Chibok girls’ whereabouts – DHQ

Nigerian MilitaryThe Nigerian military on Thursday said it would not disclose information on the whereabouts of the Chibok schoolgirls presently held by their Boko Haram captors.

Many had expected the good news that all the remaining 201 Chibok girls still being held by Boko Haram had been released moments after the Nigerian Army upstaged the Boko Haram and took control of Sambisa Forest, the operation headquarters of the Islamic terrorist group.

About 247 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno, were abducted from their hostels in April 2014.

Only 46 of them had regained freedom since last year, while others are still in captivity.

Briefing journalists on Thursday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the Acting Director of Defence Information, Defence Headquarters, Abuja, Brig.-Gen Rabe Abubakar said “neither the military nor any security agency will give information on the Chibok girls in order not to jeopardize their safety.”

Abubarkar, who assured that the military will do everything to rescue the girls however pointed out that “information on strategy to rescue the will never be disclosed.”

ALSO READ  What FG must quickly do to avert jail breaks in P’Harcourt, Ikoyi prisons--Fapounda

On Boko Haram, the Defence spokesman said the terror group is now in disarray and had been destroyed.

He said the pockets of attacks being witnessed are carried out by escapees, stating that” Boko Haram can never regroup as they did in Sambisa forest.”

He also said the female suicide bombers are persons who were drugged before they are sent on the suicide mission.

About the Author

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>